This gorgeous hybrid of mousse and tiramisu combines a few of the most delicious ingredients: coffee, chocolate and coconut into one exquisite treat.
Perfect to whip up for your Valentine this evening!
2 cans of premium coconut milk*, chilled in the fridge overnight
10 tbsp of cocoa
5 tbsp of icing sugar
8 Italian ladyfinger cookies
3/4 cup fresh Ethical Bean Coffee (decaf optional)
2 oz Baileys (optional)
1 cup whipping cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 to 2 tbsp cocoa for dusting
*be certain to use premium coconut milk with no water added.
TO PREPARE THE LADYFINGERS
1. Pour freshly brewed Ethical Bean Coffee into a deep dish or pie plate.
2. Add the Baileys
3. Soak the ladyfingers in the coffee, then remove onto a plate to sit
TO PREPARE THE COCONUT MILK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
1. Skim the hardened cream from the top of the coconut milk can and place into a bowl
2. Whip the icing sugar and cocoa into the coconut cream
3. Place the mixture into an icing bag
TO PREPARE THE WHIPPING CREAM
Whip the whipping cream with 1 to 2 tbsp of icing sugar
1. Choose 4 small bowls or cups to build the layers in to serve
2. Start with a base layer of mousse
3. Break a coffee soaked ladyfinger in half and place both onto the mousse
4. Add a layer of whipped cream
5. Add another layer of mousse
6. Add another layer of ladyfingers
7. Top with whipped cream
8. Dust with cocoa